PE & Sport
At Lightmoor Village Primary School we have been developing our sport provision as the school has grown. We currently have football teams entered into the Telford school tournaments, as well tag rugby, cross country and Boccia teams.
We are part of the Telford Schools PE Partnership and have good links with other schools which enables staff to attend regular training and to arrange smaller sporting events with other schools.
At Lightmoor we are always trying to find imaginative ways to spend our PE and Sport Premium Funding and have offered our children tasters in archery, rock climbing, hockey, circus skills, skate boarding, skipping, skiing, tennis and hula hooping.
We are also committed to the importance of all children being able to swim before they leave us here at Lightmoor.
There is a condition requiring schools to publish how many pupils within their Year 6 cohort are meeting the national curriculum requirement.
Children should be able to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, using a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations.
At Lightmoor Village Primary School, 27 out of our 30 pupils met this standard in 2018/19. This equates to 91%. We aim to improve this figure during acdemic year 19/20.
This year, 2019/20, we will be recieving a grant of £17,810 and we plan to invest it on the following:
- Funding for a member of staff to lead extra sport sessions and healthy eating sessions across school.
- Upskilling staff to improve quality and variety.
- Taking part in competitions throughout the year.
- Funding coaches for sporting events throughout the year.
- Providing a wider variety of after school sports clubs.
- Additional resources for PE and subsequent after school clubs.