The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current inequalities by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage pupils reaches the pupils who need it most.
The Pupil Premium is funding provided to schools which is additional to main school funding. It is allocated according to the number of pupils on-roll who are eligible for free school meals (FSM), this will also include pupils eligible for FSM at any point in the last six years (known as the Ever 6 FSM measure). Children of service families, and an allocation for each pupil who has been ‘Looked After’ (in care) for 6 months or more.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. However, schools are to be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families. From September 2012, this information must be published on the school website.
At the end of the academic year the impact of this spending and its value for money will be reviewed.
Pupil Premium Funding: £57,815 2020/21
- Salary for Nurture member of staff and the running cost of our Nurture room.
- Funding additional TA support in class to raise standards and the percentage of PP pupils achieving age related expectations in all areas.
- Funding external mentoring 1:1 for pupils.
- Funding yearly subscription to ‘Future in Minds’ project which equips our schools Mental Health Lead Mrs Cowan and other members of staff to support our pupils and families.
- Ongoing CPD across the school for supporting outstanding teaching and the emotional wellbeing of our pupils.
- Small group teaching before and after school to boost progress and attainment in writing, reading and maths (this will resume as other years once it is safe to do so)
- Funding for PP pupils to take part in enrichment activities e.g afterschool clubs and school trips. Our school values life experiences and our staff and parents appreciate how much the children gain from extra-curricular activities etc.
To see the 2020/21 Pupil Premium strategy and 2019/2020 review, please click here