Mr Copsey's Class 2019/20
Here are a few things you can do to prepare for this topic:
- Locate where the Aztec civilisation existed.
- Place the Aztec Era on a timeline in relation to other familiar periods of history.
- Find out about the social, cultural and spiritual beliefs of the Aztecs.
- Create a map of you own Aztec civilisation including causeways, temples, populated areas etc.
- Create your own messages and images using Aztec ‘glyphs’.
- Write a diary outlining ‘a day in the life’ of an Aztec person.
- Design and create your own Aztec Temple.
- Create an Aztec fact file/PowerPoint using reliable research.
In Science we will be looking at the following objectives linked to ‘Light’:
- Recognise that light appears to travel in straight lines.
- Use the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain that objects are seen because they give out or reflect light into the eye.
- Explain that we see things because light travels from light sources to our eyes or from light sources to objects and then to our eyes.
- Use the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain why shadows have the same shape as the objects that cast them