The Stone Age
In year 3, we are learning about The Stone Age. Our topic is called ‘The Flintstones’.
Here are a few things you can do to prepare for this topic:
- Research and write a fact file on The Stone Age.
- Make a Stone Age necklace out of things found in the garden.
- Research and paint Stone Age cave art.
- Build Stonehenge out of any recycling materials you have.
- Research and make Stone Age musical instruments.
- Create a rap about Stone Age life.
- If possible, make a presentation on life in the Stone Age.
- If possible, use IMovie to create a stop start animation on a Stone Age book.
- Create a newspaper report about the discovery of Skara Brae.
- Make a visitor’s guide to Stonehenge.
- Design a prehistoric counting system.
- Research prehistoric animals and their food chains.
In Science, we will be learning all about rocks. You could:
- Investigate the rock cycle.
- Find out about how fossils are formed.
- Learn about different layers of soil.
- Find rocks in the garden and sort them into groups based on their physical appearance.
- Investigate the hardness of rocks. Get different rocks from the garden and use sand paper to test their strength.